Sometimes we can get discouraged because after we’ve prayed and prayed and prayed about something and it’s not answered the way we had hoped, we give up on it. Yet, over the years I’ve discovered 6 benefits of prayer that directly impact my day, my thoughts, my emotions. Today is National Day of Prayer. What a perfect time to share my favorites, all taken from my book, The Single Mom and Her Rollercoaster Emotions. Of the six, which one is your favorite?
- Prayer summons God’s presence into my circumstances.
- Prayer transfers my worries to a higher source.
- Prayer unfurls hope when there is none.
- Prayer puts God’s thoughts in my mind.
- Prayer drives me to God when I have nowhere else to go.
- Prayer makes God’s presence real.
So which one of the above meets your need today? Yesterday I would have chosen, “Prayer transfers my worries to a higher source,” but today I think, “Prayer puts God’s thoughts in my mind” wins. Thank you, Jesus, that you actually want to come alongside and empower this earthly journey of ours.